If you own a Bengal cat, you already know that they like things in a certain way and can be very particular about their food and mealtimes. And while having a full-time job puts kibble in the bowl, it can also disrupt your cat’s feeding schedule. The only way you can control how much your cat eats and when, is to look at the best automatic feeders for Bengal cats.
Quick Links To The Best Automatic Feeders For Bengal Cats
Click the link below to jump straight to the relevant portion of the review!
Truth be told, if you are working all day, you won’t be able to know when or how much your cat has eaten unless you have cameras installed! However, if you aren’t into watching your cat’s every move investing in an automatic cat feeder might be the next best thing.
Besides ensuring that your Bengal cat has regular meals when you aren’t around, a dispenser can also help your cat lose weight and prevent other pets from stealing the food. Besides, you will no longer have clean kibble from floors or worry about toppled food bowls.
But with so many different automatic feeders available, finding the perfect one for your Bengal cat can seem like looking for a needle in a haystack. But it doesn’t have to be!
In this article, we’ve rounded the best automatic feeders for Bengal cats that will keep your kitty’s belly nice and full even if you aren’t around!
Best Automatic Feeders For Bengal Cats Reviews
Below, you will find in-depth reviews of the 5 best automatic cat feeders that will keep your Bengal cat’s dietary needs met. We’ve included a list of pros, cons, and key features for each product to help you find the perfect dispenser for your kitty.
1. PetSafe Healthy Pet Simply Feed Automatic Feeder – Best Overall
The PetSafe Healthy Pet Simply Feed Automatic Feeder is an all-around win when it comes to feeding your Bengal cat. It’s designed to hold a large amount of kibble and it can also be used to dispense semi-moist food.
- Easy to clean
- Slow feed option
- Up to 12 meals
The great thing about this feeder is that it gives you a chance to program up to 12 daily meals, with portions ranging from 1/8 of a cup to 4 cups. So, you can schedule smaller meals to prevent stomach upset or introduce portion control if your Bengal cat needs to lose some weight.
This feeder is designed to hold kibble or semi-moist food, and the tight lip keeps meals fresh at all times. Furthermore, it’s pet-
proof so you can rest assured that your kitty won’t be able to use her paws to score an extra meal.
- Holds up to 24 cups of food at a time
- Slow-feed program dispenses food over a 15-minute period
- Some components are dishwasher safe
- Battery operated and easy to use
- A few owners reported that they had troubles programming this feeder
Overall, the PetSafe Healthy Pet Simply Feed Automatic Feeder is an excellent choice if you want to keep your cat’s meals on time or practice portion control.
2. Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder – Runner Up
The Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder is a great option if you are looking for an easy way to create a perfect feeding schedule for your Bengal cat.
- Runs on batteries or cable
- Up to 4 meals a day
- Magnetic lock lid
- Designed to hold only dry kibble, this automatic cat feeder dispenses food in 24mL portions and can be set to dispense from 1 to 10 portions per feeding.
It also gives you a chance to program up to 4 daily feedings which is a great feature if you have long working hours.This feeder features a light-up LED screen and touch button controls that will help you set up a perfect feeding schedule for your cat. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to record a personal meal call of up to 10 seconds to let your cat know that her dinner is ready.
- Made from durable plastic that is easy to clean
- Magnetic lock lid is cat-proof and keeps the kibble fresh
- Can hold up to 1.14 gallons of kibble
- You can record a personalized meal call
- A few owners noted that the kibble falls out when the feeder is bumped
Overall, the Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder is another solid choice if you are looking for an automatic feeder that will help you schedule your cat’s meals.
3. PetSafe 5 Meal Pet Feeder For Cats – Best Budget Option
The PetSafe 5 Meal Pet Feeder For Cats is an excellent choice if you are on a tight budget and are searching for a reliable feeder. Conveniently easy to fill in and program, this dispenser is also dishwasher safe and easy to keep clean.
- Up to 5 meals a day
- Battery operated
Using the built-in clock and LED screen you can easily set up your cat’s feeding schedule and feed up to 5 meals a day. Five tray slots hold up to 1 cup of kibble or semi-moist food and can be programmed to dispense meals over several days.
The low profile and saucer-shape make the feeder extra stable, so you won’t have to worry if your highly energetic Bengal cat bumps and jumps on it when you are at work.
- Holds up to 4 cups of food at a time
- Aesthetically pleasing and fits with any decor
- Can be programmed to dispense small meals throughout the day
- Extra stable and can’t be knocked over
- A few customers reported that the rotating mechanism weakens over time
Overall, the PetSafe 5 Meal Pet Feeder For Cats is a budget-friendly solution if you want to feed your Bengal cat on a schedule or practice portion control.
4. SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder – Best Microchip Cat Feeder
Featuring a sleek design, the SureFeed Microchip Feeder is a great investment for multi-cat households and will ensure that your cats don’t steal from each other.
- Holds wet and dry food
- Stores 32 ID’s
- Airtight lid
To get this feeder to work, you will need to program your cat’s microchip, fill out the tray, and close the lid. Once everything is set up, the feeder will open only for the designated cat, preventing others from stealing its food.
This feature is a true lifesaver if your Bengal cat is on an expensive prescription diet or if it needs to lose some weight. Unlike many other automatic cat feeders, this one works for both kibble and wet food, thus ensuring that your Bengal cat has a healthy and varied diet at all times.
- Prevents other pets from stealing your cat’s food
- Helps you manage portions and prevents overfeeding
- Works with microchips or collar tags
- Covered by a 3-year warranty
- A few owners noted that determined cats can find a way to steal food
- High price point – not exactly an impulse purchase!
Overall, the SureFeed Microchip Feeder is a great choice for multi-cat households and will help you ensure that your cats get enough food.
5. Iseebiz Automatic Cat Feeder – Best Feeder For Portion Control
The Iseebiz Automatic Cat Feeder is a great option if want to put your cat on a diet and to create a scheduled meal plan.
- Infrared induction
- Personalized voice calling
- Can work with a power adapter or batteries
- Made from BPA-free plastic, this automatic feeder can serve from 1 to 39 portions per meal and you can program it to dispense up to 4 meals per day. This large capacity dispenser can hold up to 3 lbs of kibble which means that your cat won’t be hungry.
- The infrared induction automatically stops the machine when the bowl is filled to a certain amount, thus preventing the food from overflowing.
- Very easy to set up and program the meals
- Allows you to record a meal calling message for your cat
- The bowl is always filled to a certain point
- Can be programmed to put your cat on a diet
- A few customers reported that the lid is difficult to open
Overall, the Iseebiz Automatic Cat Feeder is a great investment if your Bengal cat eats dry food and will keep her tummy full even when you aren’t at home to feed it
What To Look For In The Automatic Feeder For A Bengal Cat?
Knowing what is the best food for Bengal cats is a great start, but you also need to know when to feed and how much food your cat needs daily. An automatic cat feeder can help you manage portion sizes, help your cat lose weight, or dispense prescription diet in set intervals throughout the day.
A good automatic feeder should keep the food fresh, be easy to program, and accurately dispense food. However, that’s not all!
Here are other features you’ll need to consider:
Capacity: Always check how much food an automatic feeder can hold. Generally, getting a dispenser with a larger capacity is always a better option since you won’t have to think about filling it every other day.
Cat-Proof: It’s important to consider how durable and cat-proof a feeder is before you decide to buy it. Otherwise, your Bengal cat might break into the feeder and eat a week’s worth of food in one day.
Portion Control Setting: Depending on your Bengal cat’s needs, you might have specific requirements about the amount of food and the time when it has to be dispensed. Portion control and accuracy are important things to consider if your cat has to lose weight.
Ease Of Cleaning: Food and feeding bowls are ideal places for bacteria to grow, and Bengal cats are known to have high cleanliness standards. Thus, look for an automatic feeder that is easy to clean. To keep up with your cat’s standards consider getting a dispenser that is dishwasher safe.
Dry/Wet Food: Not all automatic cat feeders can dispense wet cat food, so think about what does your Bengal cat eats. If your cat eats both kibble and canned cat food, look for automatic cat feeders that can hold and store both types.
In Summary – What Are The Best Automatic Feeders For Bengal Cats?
Although Bengal cats rarely get obese, there are times when a good automatic cat feeder can do wonders for your cat’s overall health. Besides keeping the food fresh, a dispenser will prevent kibble from spilling all over your floors and will keep your cat’s tummy full even when you aren’t at home.
While any of the products reviewed above is a good option, the PetSafe Healthy Pet Simply Feed Automatic Feeder is the overall best dispenser for Bengal cats.
However, if you are on a tight budget, you may find that the PetSafe 5 Meal Pet Feeder For Cats is an ideal choice. And if you are interested in something in between, then look no further than the Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder.
Remember, whichever you choose, you can rest assured that your Bengal cat won’t be hungry any time soon!