Bengal cats are one of the most popular cat breeds due to their exotic appearance. Still, many pet enthusiasts are confused about whether they are domestic cats or wild animals. If you’re among those, then this post is especially for you!
So, Is A Bengal Cat A House Cat?
The simple and short answer is, Yes!
Bengal cats are excellent house cats. They are not merely some wilgd animals. These little furballs have the ability to make your house lively and cheerful. Basically, the Bengal cats are a result of a cross between wild Asian cats and domestic cats. This is the reason for their Bengal tiger-like appearance. But don’t worry, they are not as wild as they look. These are just like our cute domestic kitties. If you’re still not convinced then check out the below-mentioned reasons :
10 Reasons Why Bengal Cats Make Great House Cats
1.Trainable: First of all, you can train them very easily. Bengal cats are great learners. They get trained much faster when they are in pairs.
2. Intelligent: These adorable pets are very intelligent, they know how to behave with a person or an outsider. They can sense the danger as well.
3. Water-loving: Because they are a close relative of Asian Leopards, they love water. You can easily watch them having fun in your bathtubs and sinks. Unlike other cats, they will not throw tantrums while bathing.
4. Exotic Appearance: The best part about Bengal cats is the way they look. They are one of the most beautiful and stunning cat breeds. But don’t judge them by their looks, they are still the soft kitties at heart. They don’t harm anyone.
5. Communicative: Yes, you’ve read it right. Bengal cats love communicating. You will never see them sitting quietly for a long time. Their sweet meow sound will fill your house.
6. Athletic: These cats are very energetic. They hardly sleep and get tired. You will always see them running, cuddling and teasing their partners.
7. Social: Bengal cats are very social as opposed to what most of the people think. If bonded early, they get familiar with others very easily.
8. Dog-friendly: If you have a cat-friendly dog, then Bengal cats will go along with him easily. They can be the best friends.
9. Kid-friendly: A well trained Bengal cat is good to have around kids.
10. Loyal: Last but not the least, they are very loyal and affectionate. They will love you more than anything.
Bengal cats are perfect house cats. It is up to you how well you train them. They are not likely to harm anyone. On the contrary to a popular belief, they are very social and get along with other pets pretty well. They have all the qualities you can expect from your house pet. They are super adorable, energetic, friendly, loyal and affectionate. So, you can definitely consider having this beautiful breed as your pet. As a piece of advice, always get Bengal cats in pairs, they will do much better this way.