In this article we’re going to look at what vegetables Bengal cats can eat.
Off the bat, it’s important to remember that Bengal cats (like all cats) are obligate carnivores.
You cannot feed them a vegetable/vegetarian diet alone without them suffering ill health effects from this.
Therefore, we are only going to be looking at what vegetables your Bengal cat can eat as an add-on to their regular diet of dry food, wet food or raw meat.
Are Vegetables Dangerous To Bengal Cats?
Most vegetables are safe for Bengal cats.
However, follow these tips to keep your beloved pet safe:
* Wash vegetables before giving them to your cat
* Some vegetables (like carrots) are best given cooked and then cooled as they may be very difficult for your cat to digest when raw
* Avoid mushrooms/fungi
* Avoid feeding your Bengal any vegetables that have been cooked in oil, butter etc (resist the temptation to use your cat like a giant feline waste disposal … that’s what dogs are for!)
Which Vegetables Can My Bengal Cat Eat?
The following vegetables are likely to be perfectly safe for your cat:
* Carrot (cooked)
* Green beans
Do Bengal Cats Actually Like To Eat Vegetables?
This is one of those “how long is a piece of string” questions.
The truth is that some Bengal cats do like to eat vegetables, whereas others won’t touch them with a barge pole.
You’re probably going to have to experiment a little bit to find out what your cat likes.
Hopefully you’ve found this article useful!
You can check out more guides on this site to what your Bengal cat can eat, including:
* Can my Bengal eat raw chicken?
* Can my Bengal eat raw meat?
* Can they drink milk?